The eCommerce industry is increasing, and e-retail revenues are projected to reach $6.54 trillion by 2022. Such statistics might have encouraged you to dive into the world of eCommerce.
But to run an online store, the first thing that strikes your mind is which eCommerce platform they should choose. Are you planning to start a new online business or willing to take your physical business to the eCommerce world?
Now the question is, what do you expect from the eCommerce platform?
Any eCommerce platform should bring ease of deployment, reduced development cost, and support. And what if we say Shopify can be an ideal candidate to fulfill all such expectations? Yes, it is true. Shopify can help you achieve all your online goals with plug-and-play solutions. Shopify merchants have managed to earn more than $370 billion in revenue worldwide during 2020.
Want to know how and why Shopify has gained such immense popularity? Let’s help you with a clear understanding of what Shopify is, what it can do for you, and whether should you choose it for your project or not.
What all Shopify brings for you?
Shopify brings a wide range of features that can help you build and manage your online store. Starting from inventory management to SEO and intact support, a Shopify web development company can help you with many things. It helps you with:
- Set up and organize products on the go. With powerful inventory management, you can easily group different products based on their type and category. Moreover, you can even introduce variations in a single product with different pricing, availability, and inventory number.
- Ease of tracking your stock. You cannot just track orders but also can restrict customers from ordering out-of-stock items.
- Better organic search. With custom title tags, ALT tags, meta descriptions, and sitemap.xml, you can quickly improve the organic search of your online store.
- Different shipping rates. You can decide on the shipping rates based on the customer’s location. With multiple shipping methods, you can easily accept orders from other locations and orders.
Is it the right choice for your eCommerce venture?
Shopify is a lot more than just a CMS. It can help you with many things if you’re engaged with the right kind of Shopify plus development company. Whether you want to create apps for Merchants, develop custom Shopify themes, or design custom storefronts, you can use it the way you want. Shopify brings plenty of reasons that make it the right choice for your eCommerce venture. Let’s have a look at it.
- Ease of implementation. With simplified documentation and code reusability, deploying a Shopify product in a real-time environment becomes quite simple. Moreover, due to its multi-channel nature, multiple-device support, and scalability, it becomes easy for the Shopify eCommerce development company to develop and integrate Shopify solutions.
- Highly flexible platform. With the help of a wide range of tools for inventory management, customer services, reporting, social media, shipping, and more, you can easily tweak your online store the way you want.
- Powerful reports and analytics. You can easily leverage detailed reporting and store insights. Whether it is about viewing financial reports, product analytics, marketing reports, or customer reports, you can quickly get detailed insights related to your online store on the go.
- Highly scalable. Applications or online storefronts developed with the help of the best Shopify developer have shown high-standard scalability. This means such online stores can function smoothly even when you’ve high traffic. Moreover, you can easily upgrade to new features and enhance your store capabilities.
- 24×7 support. With Shopify, you can keep yourself relaxed when it comes to technical support. You will quickly get robust help via email, live chat, or phone. You can even refer to their FAQ to get your initial queries resolved without getting into any discussion.
The negative side of Shopify
- Pricing structure. One of the significant drawbacks of Shopify is its pricing structure. Apart from their monthly charges, they impose a transaction fee too, which may vary based on the subscription you’ve selected.
- Require coding skills. To customize your site, you will require some coding skills. Apart from basic HTML or CSS, you may have to master Shopify’s coding language named “Liquid.” This means, if you want any change in your site, you will need knowledge of code, or you may need a Shopify eCommerce development company or the best Shopify developer to do it on your behalf.
How much does it cost to develop an eCommerce App using Shopify?
The primary cost contributor of the Shopify eCommerce store is the plan you’ve chosen. Shopify brings three different methods:
- Basic Shopify is suitable for small storefronts where most people will access the admin panel and Shopify POS.
- Shopify – In case you have a medium-sized business and want to handle online and in-store sales, this option is the best for you.
- Advanced Shopify – It is designed keeping in mind large organizations to monitor their online stores and business growth.
Apart from this, you may have to spend on:
- Prototyping & Design
- Development and implementation
- SEO and marketing
- Testing &Maintenance of your online store
The overall cost of Shopify may vary on other factors like the geographic location of a Shopify eCommerce development company you have selected and the complexity of your online store.
It is time to make a decision.
eCommerce is a versatile market, and you will have to choose a platform that can simplify your work. Shopify is a great platform that will help you build and run your online storefront with ease and help you gain a competitive edge over others—looking for a Shopify eCommerce development company for your next eCommerce venture? Get in touch with us now!