Human Growth Hormone is a naturally occurring hormone in our bodies. It is produced by the pituitary gland.
This hormone is responsible for maintaining growth in our bones and muscles, optimizing how the body burns fat, and maintaining blood sugar levels. HGH is produced in high amounts during childhood and peaks at puberty.
However, there is a considerable reduction in HGH levels as we age and turn into adults. This brings a significant change in how our bodies function and absorb the food we eat.
There have also been a lot of complications, both in children and in adults, that are brought by insufficient HGH. Some bodybuilders use HGH to boost muscle gain and help with muscle recovery. It can be used in a lot of ways, but how do we use it? What are the guides to using HGH?
Where to inject HGH?
HGH is more commonly injected subcutaneously. This means that HGH is injected into the layer of fat just below the skin. This will release HGH at a slower rate than injecting it into the muscles, and the absorption rate will also be slower.
However, injecting subcutaneously is easier to perform and could be done without the need for a trained professional. This method of injection is easily more convenient for a broader range of users.
The typical subcutaneous sites that can be used to inject are the abdominal area, the upper arm, upper thighs, back, and lower loins.
How to inject?
Before administering HGH injections, you must first check if the product has the optimal dosage for safety and to ensure the effectiveness of the product.
These can vary depending on the brands, and instructions for its use may be provided differently as well. If you already have the optimal dosage, here is a quick general guide to using HGH.
- Prepare the vial and leave it at room temperature for 30 minutes before use.
- Check the liquid. The vial should contain colorless and clear liquid. If it is cloudy, do not use it.
- Do not shake or subject to a considerable amount of force, freezing, or heat, as this could render the HGH ineffective.
- Disinfect the preferred injection site.
- Pinch the skin preferably with the non-dominant hand, and use the dominant one to apply the injection.
- Make sure to stick the injection at the proper angle. 45° is recommended for syringes and 90° for injector pens.
- After injecting, let it sit for a few seconds before you pull it out.
- After pulling the injection out, gently apply pressure on the spot and avoid massaging it.
- The needles used in the procedure must be safely discarded, and new ones have to be used for the next injections.
Taking HGH can bring a lot of benefits and is quite easy to do as well. However, it is still highly recommended to consult your doctor to know the proper dosage for your needs and to get advice on how to safely apply your HGH product.