It occurs when you open a company file that is used by other software and if the configured system setting is wrong. Whenever this error takes place a message pops up on your computer “Error 6144 82: QuickBooks encountered a problem and needed to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience”.
The message of QuickBooks error 6144 82 occurs because when you install the operating system on your system, there is a corrupt download, and when you start and shut down your computer at the same time. QuickBooks File Doctor Tool can be useful when data is going corrupted.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6144 82
- Whenever an issue occurs, an error message pops up on your computer.
- Your system starts freezing for a few seconds.
- Your computer starts running inactively.
- When QuickBooks error 6144 82 occurs your active window program will crash.
- When you run the same program the system crashes again and again.
Causes of QuickBooks error code 6144 82
- Corrupted downloads and incomplete installation.
- The system has viruses.
- The damages of hard disk or RAM in the computer can affect the loss of data or files.
- The inappropriate software can remove some of the QuickBooks files.
- Some changes in the network setting may also cause errors.
- It can also happen when the user isn’t permitted to set up to share company files.
Some Important Points Before Resolving QuickBooks Error 6144 82
- You have to perform all the steps on the server system.
- Run a full malware or virus scan on your system.
- To clean the junk you can use disk cleanup.
- Always turn off the system security software.
Techniques to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82
There are many different ways to fix the QuickBooks Error 6144 82. To make it easy for you, we have listed some techniques below:
Step 1- Repair your Registry Entries
- First, tap on the start icon.
- Write commands in the search bar but don’t tap on enter.
- Press CTRL shift at the same time on your keyboard.
- Then it will open a dialog box and click OK.
- Now, a black box with a blinking cursor will pop up on the screen.
- Then you enter “Regedit” and tap OK.
- At your system screen Registry Editor open and you have to select Error 6144 82
- Go to the File menu and tap on the Export
- Now select a folder and save the QuickBooks backup key.
- Rename that folder then, click on the option Selected Branch from Export Range Box.
- After all, these, save all the recent changes with the .reg file extension.
- Lastly, you have all the QuickBooks-related registry entry backup.
If you are an expert in computers then try this otherwise the wrong registry editing can cause irreparable damages.
Step 2-.TLG and.ND Extensions Files Rename
If you face any issues in these two files then you just have to add .old at the end. When it comes to QuickBooks then the.TLG and.ND plays the main role.
- Install the QuickBooks Desktop Application.
- Click the F2 key on your keyboard for file information.
- Choose the right folder which has all the company detail. Then you have the company files location detailed.
- Now choose those files which end with.TLG and.ND extension.
- Click on the rename option and change all selected files by adding.OLD extension.
- Now, at last, try to log into the QuickBooks company files.
Step 3- User Permissions Setting
- Firstly, you have to open QuickBooks then go to the company tab and search users.
- Click on the setup users and roles.
- To access the info you have to enter a password.
- From the user list, you can select the username.
- Now you can modify your role depending on your specification.
Step 4- Window Error Repairing Tool
- First of all, you have to download the Windows application tool.
- Then install and run this tool.
- After the installation process, tap on the scan now and the scanning process begins.
- If any error occurs during the scanning process then click on the Repair to fix it.
Step 5- start QBCFMonitorService
- Go to the start icon and press on the services tab.
- Now in the Services tab, click on the QBCFMonitoring Services tab.
- Then verify the services and set this to ‘Automatic Mode’.
- If you don’t want to, then verify the ‘Radio’ and tap on the apply button.
Step 6- Change Account Type
- Initially, press on the start icon.
- Now, go to the control panel and then tap on the User Account.
- Press on the ‘ Add/Remove User Account’ to change the type of account.
- Lastly, tap on the ‘QBDserviceuser23’ icon and change the account type according to your reference by verifying the ‘Administrator user’.
Step 7- In C Drive Create Folders
- With the name of QuickBooks Create a new folder.
- For all the created folders select the ‘Read/Write’ option.
- On Drive C create the following folders mentioned below :
- Add system
- Add user
- Now, allow ‘Read/Write’ for all the folders.
- To share all the folders on the system click on the share icon.
Step 8- Setting Up The Firewall Rules
- Go to the Firewall tab then click on the windows firewall option.
- Now, open “Advanced setting” and go to the Inbound Rules>New Rule>Port Icon.
- Select ‘TCP’ and ‘Specific local port’
- Then click the option “Allow the connection”.
- Tap next and again tap next without changing anything.
- Choose a name for the rule and its finishes.
Step 9- Database Server Manager
- Open the program, then tap on the QuickBooks icon.
- From the drop-down list, you have to choose QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Then tap on the ‘Add Folder’.
- Now go to Drive C, Search and add the QuickBooks folder then minimize tab.
- Lastly, you have to click on ‘Scan Now’. The scanning process of QuickBooks files will begin.
QuickBooks Error 6144 82 is the most common error which is faced by every software user. So there are some easy techniques which help you to resolve these issues and we hope all the steps are useful for you. You can check our other articles if you have another related issue.